On Wednesday, September 7th, 2016 at 12 PM Eastern, join us for a webinar titled “Fair Pay and Safe Workplaces” Final Rule and Guidance: What You Need to Know. During this 90-minute webinar, a team of Crowell & Moring government contracts and labor & employment attorneys will discuss how contractors bidding on contracts covered by the “Fair Pay and Safe Workplaces” Final Rule and Guidance will be required to disclose whether there have been any “administrative merits determination,” “arbitral award or decision,” or “civil judgment” – key terms defined by the DOL Guidance – rendered against the contractor for violations of 14 enumerated labor and employment laws. Under the rule, contracting officers are required to consider this information as part of the responsibility determination, potentially impacting a contractor’s eligibility for award. Starting on October 25th, 2016, the rule will be implemented in phases, and contractors and subcontractors should begin preparing for Day One Compliance.
Please join Crowell & Moring for a discussion of the following key areas:
- Applicability and implementation of “Fair Pay Safe Workplaces”
- The labor law violation disclosure process for contractors and subcontractors
- The categories of violations that can trigger a negative responsibility finding
- Mitigation of suspension and debarment risk
- Potential Congressional action and legal challenges
- What contractors should be doing to prepare for Day One Compliance
We hope you can join us as we discuss these issues and more during next week’s webinar. To register for this event, please click our RSVP link.